Landmark Capital CEO, David Fischer, visits with Steve Noble to discuss the latest developments in our economy including President Trump’s latest trade tariffs. Find out what David thinks of this new policy and if this is a short term solution or a real remedy to our ever expanding trade deficit.
Will President Trump’s Trade Tariffs Have a Positive, Long-Term Impact on the Economy?
Listen to “Called 2 Action – Trade Tariffs are Here, Now What?” on Spreaker.
– President Donald Trump recently imposed trade tariffs on imported steel and other metals.
– We are buying more products than we are sending abroad, creating an enormous trade deficit.
– Trump thinks the tariffs will narrow the trade deficit. History has proven otherwise.
– Canada, Mexico, and Australia has struck a deal to be exempt from the tariffs.
– 25% on Steel and 10% on Aluminum from specific countries.
– In retrospect, this shouldn’t be as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be. The tariffs are very minimal as compared to where they were in history.
– Historically, tariffs have shown to not work as intended. More of a short term fix.
– Hopefully this will cause American companies to get their financial houses in order.
– For more, including the impact tariffs will have on the consumer, listen to the full interview.