David Fischer, CEO of Landmark Capital and financial expert, joins The Kevin McCullough Show. We are in a flat market currently, with only the dollar index moving up. This can be good and bad at the same time; a very strong dollar means we are having economic problems around the world. Oil prices have also risen 3% in a day. Kevin asks David why a lot of financial experts are saying there is going to be a recession in 2019 or 2020.
Is the current dollar index hurting the market?
To listen to the full episode, click here!
Show notes –
– When the dollar is strong it can weigh on the market and bring other indexes down.
– A weaker dollar is better for the stock market because it increases our global trade.
– President Bush increased the debt by 5.8 trillion, Obama increased it 8.59 trillion, and Trump is projected to increase 8.28 trillion over his term.
– It assumed now at a 100% rate that we will be headed into a recession either in 2019 or 2020.
– Our national debt is rising 36% faster than our economic growth.