Landmark Capital CEO David Fischer joins Kevin McCullough for a special hour of his popular National television show, Radio Night Live. They discuss The Fed looking to sell off 4.5 trillion dollars in assets, measures President Trump can take to boost the economy, and China looking for their Yuan to become the primary oil reserve currency.
The Fed Announces Plans to Sell off 4.5 Trillion Dollars in Assets
- The Fed is looking to raise rates in December at the earliest.
- They also have plans either next year or the year after to sell off at least 4.5 trillion in assets to unwind their balance sheets. This will in affect, reverse the quantitative easing they implemented in 2008 to help the economy recover.
- 5/6 times that the Fed has done this, there was a global recession. However, the Fed has never unwound their balance sheets AND raised interest rates at the same time. This could be a disaster for the economy.
- David quickly discussed measures President Trump can take, including tax reform, to help boost the economy. If tax reform is not passed soon we could see a slow down in the economy.
- China the largest importer of oil in the world is looking to buy oil with gold and establish their Yuan as the global reserve currency for oil. These will no doubt see gold prices increase dramatically.