David Fischer, CEO of Landmark Capital joins The Kevin McCullough Show to discuss what’s happening in the markets all around the world. Last Friday President Trump announced the authorization of doubling down on tariffs for steel and aluminum. The main reason for this was a retaliation towards Turkey for imprisoning an American pastor over false accusations, this has resulted in a negative impact for Turkey’s economy.
Doubling down on tariffs is a bold strategy from President Trump to get Turkey to come to terms.
To listen to the full episode, click here.
Show notes –
– As the end of the 3rd quarter nears, volatility is becoming tighter in range as things become more certain.
– Turkey was forced to sell and inject 6 billion dollars into their market due to the tariffs.
– Stocks in the United States are up by 6% but globally down or “flat.”
– The dollar has been growing tremendously due to the effect of quality.
– Turkey sold a large amount of gold, and this brought the value down to only 10 dollars.