David Fischer, CEO of Landmark Capital, joins The Real Side with Joe Messina for their weekly segment. The DOW is on a losing streak, the longest period of consecutive losses since 2011. The looming trade war has had a negative effect on perception in spite of no tariffs officially been put into place. Also discussed was advanced technology, which has been a part of trading for some time now, and has had a huge impact on how trading is done.
The DOW is on a losing streak, and tariff announcements have had an overall negative effect on it.
To listen to the full episode, click here.
Show notes –
– The DOW is going down, with a net loss of a $137 billion dollars just within a few days.
– There are positives and negatives being announced for tariff placement, but the negative information is affecting the DOW more.
– From 2009 to 2015, 60 to 70 percent of trades were done through computers.
– Gold should be thought of to secure your future, rather than to make more money.
– 1.3 trillion dollars worth of treasuries were created in a year alone.
– Russia recently sold half of their treasuries, Americans have bought 90% of the treasuries created.