David Fischer, CEO of Landmark Capital and an economics expert, joins The Real Side with Joe Messina for their weekly discussion on the market. The largest economy in the world is China, and they are having a huge impact with tariffs on the United States. The FED and the ECB are in the unraveling mode of the money they created years ago. This is going to be an indefinite recession for the United States and other countries that are linked within our global market. Canada is applying tariffs due to the tariffs that we put in place, and this is causing a trade surplus.
The biggest economy in the world alone holds more than 15% of the global economy.
To listen to the full episode, click here.
Show notes –
– A Gross Domestic Product is the best way to measure a countries economy.
– China was the largest economy in the world in 2017 for the 3rd year in a row and generated 23.1 trillion dollars of economic output.
– The European Union was 2nd in the world generating 19.9 trillion dollars worth of economic output.
– The United States was 3rd with 19,4 trillion dollars. All three of these countries together represent 50% of the economy.
– The US Transports with Canada is at a 17.5 billion trade deficit.