David Fischer, a financial expert, and CEO of Landmark Capital joins The Real Side to discuss what is happening in the global economy and more. The rollercoaster ride continues within the markets as the indexes are going up and go down. President Trump authorized doubling tariffs specifically on aluminum and steel (now 20% and 50%) just for the country Turkey. This is going on due to a pastor being imprisoned on false accusations and they are not releasing him. With tariffs being used as a weapon against Turkey, it is forcing the country to build quickly in finances.
To listen to the full episode, click here.
Show notes –
– Turkey’s currency went down 37% due to the tariffs being doubled.
– The Turkish government sold 10 billion dollars to inject into their economy for the tariffs.
– Harley Davidson is moving a large portion of their company to Europe to sustain their revenue.
– The Turkish President has been telling his citizens not to buy American goods.
– Turkey has sold off a large amount of gold trying to build capital quickly.